Following the ASME PCC-2 and ISO 28417 standards, the moisture-cured Atlas™ composite repair system reinforces defective pipelines and piping systems by containing hoop and axial loads. Consisting of high-strength proprietary carbon fiber reinforcement, it is easy to install and sets within minutes.
- External corrosion and pitting
- Dents, gouges and scratches
- Welds and other manufacturing flaws
Method– ASTM D3039
Value– 9.7 x 106 psi
Attribute–Glass Transition Temperature
Method–ASTM E 1356
Attribute–Max Operating Temperature
Value–55°F to 120°F 7°C to 49°C
Value–15 mils (0.38mm)
Value–40 minutes at Ambient
Value–24 – 72 hours
Value–4, 6 and 12 inches
1. Surface Preparation
Remove all soft coatings and media blast the pipe to a 2.5 mil profile (NACE 3 minimum). Wipe the surface with a solvent such as Acetone, Toluene, or MEK.
2. Load Transfer Filler
Mix the putty or paste until uniform in color and apply to any defects. Shape the filler to near net surface profile of pipe.
3. Adhesive Primer
Mix equal parts of the adhesive primer until uniform. Apply the primer to the pipe surface, ensuring a minimum of 30-mil coverage. Allow the primer to sit until a “peanut butter” thickness is achieved.
4. Preparing the Wrap
Mix epoxy parts A and B for at least 2 minutes. Apply the mixed resin onto the fabric evenly distribute on the fabric. Roll up the fabric and transfer to the prepared pipe.
5. Apply Wrap to Pipe
Apply cloth tightly around pipe and continue wrapping until designed layer count is achieved
6. Constrictor Wrap
Tightly apply 4-6 layers of constrictor wrap over the repair. Then, perforate the surface of the wrap. Allow 2 hours for curing.
7. Topcoat Application
After the epoxy has cured, remove the constrictor wrap. Apply a topcoat to the repair area, as applicable.
Product Data Sheet
Click here to read the product data sheet.
Case Study Application
- Read Case Study of 30″ Pipeline Dent Repair with Atlas™ HT System: http://infrastructure.milliken.com/pages/case-studies/detail/0/88/
- Read Case Study of Atlas CFE Wrap™ 24″ OD Horizontal Pipeline: http://infrastructure.milliken.com/site/user/files/40/Pipe-Wrap-Atlas-CFE-Case-Study-MS.pdf
- Read Case Study of Pipe Wrap® Atlas™ CFE 30″ Pipeline Repair: http://infrastructure.milliken.com/site/user/files/40/Pipe-Wrap-Atlas-CFE-Case-Study-MS.pdf