The Pipe Sock™ system is a fiber-reinforced polymer designed to eliminate crevice corrosion problems caused by direct metal-to-metal contact. It consists of a pre-formed, size specific fiberglass wear pad and a specially formulated adhesive system that combines to form a resilient crevice corrosion solution. Additionally, it can withstand temperatures up to 250° F and provide complete fit-up integrity with the pipe, eliminating moisture penetration and condensation cavities.
Attribute Tensile Strength
Method ASTM D 3039
Value 54,000 psi
Attribute Compression Strength
Method ASTM D 695
Value 28,500 psi
Attribute Barcol Hardness
Method ASTM D 2583
Attribute Max Operating Temperature
Value 250° F (121 °C)
Attribute Application Temperature
Value 41 °F to 95° F (5 °C to 35 °C)
Attribute Wear Pad Thickness
Value 0.25 inches (6.35 mm)
Attribue Shelf Life – Black Magic ™
Value 18 months
- Lift the corroded pipe off support or stanchion.
- Surface Inspection and Preparation. Brush contact surface with a wire brush and lightly abrade with sandpaper to remove loose dirt and scale. Inspect the area and repair any anomalies, as required.
- Apply Black Magic. Remove release liner from the PipeSock™ and apply Black Magic™adhesive to the inside of the PipeSock™.
- Install PipeSock™ and Reposition Pipe
- Carefully position the PipeSock™ on the pipe. Then, lower the pipe on to the support. Taper any excess material with a putty knife.
Technical Data Sheet
Click here to read the techincal data sheet.